Open enrollment period for 2016 is November 1st, 2015 to January 31, 2016. You must sign up before December 15, 2015 to get a January 1, 2016 start date.
Enrolling though Healthcare.gov can be very difficult and confusing to do by yourself. When you call them directly, their help line is usually not helpful and has just as hard a time as you did. Let The Eriksen Insurance Group help. Having done hundreds of applications on the Healthcare.gov’s system, we know the best, most accurate way to get you the subsidy you deserve.
It is best to have already picked out the plans you want to buy before starting the Healthcare.gov application, as this will allow the entire application to be processed in one go. This page has detailed instructions to get your account ready on Healthcare.gov and get you too a place where we can take over and finish the enrollment correctly.
Steps for enrollment on Healthcare.gov
Already have an account:
- Get your log in information together
- Goto Healthcare.gov and see if you can log in
(If it has been a while you may need to reset your password)
- Once you know you can log in, contact Eriksen Insurance at (847) 426-2788 and we can help you fill out your 2016 application over the phone
Need a new account:
- Use this Link to go to the account creation page
- Select Illinois from the drop down menu, and hit Apply Now
- Create a log in
- Within about an hour you will receive an email, click on the link in that email to activate your account
- Contact Eriksen Insurance at (847) 426-2788 and we can take it from there